JOB from Norwegian Refugee Council
NRC is looking for an Information, Communication and Technology Officer for our Country programme based in Maiduguri – North Eastern Nigeria. The purpose of the Information, Communication and Technology Officer position is the overall establishment and implementation of NRC Information & Communication Technology systems and procedures. S/He will assist with the day to day management of I.T functions, provide timely end user support and ensure that the office comply with NRC ICT policies, rules and procedures and, support the development and implementation of the delegated support portfolio in all NRC Nigeria program activities.
NRC initiated country operations in Nigeria in June 2015, in order to respond to the critical and increasing needs in the country. NRC currently has a full team based in Maiduguri and a coordination office in Abuja. NRC is currently providing services across various sectors namely; Shelter and Non-Food Items (NFI); Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Promotion (WaSH); Livelihoods and Food Security; Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA) and Education in order to address identified humanitarian needs.
Position: Information, Communication and Technology (ICT) Officer
Reports to: Head of Support
Supervision of: I.C.T Assistant
Duty station: Maiduguri – North East Nigeria
Duration and type of contract: 12 months (with possibility of extension)
The Information, Communication and Technology Officer reports to the Head of Support.
The following is a brief description of the role: The Information, Communication and Technology Officer reports to the Head of Support.
The following is a brief description of the role:
· Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
· Assist with the implementation of the support function portfolio according to plan of action
· Provides basic assistance and information and/or training to staff on ICT policies and procedures including hardware and software.
· Ensure anti-corruption, transparency and cost efficiency principles in all processes
· Adheres to and support for implementation of NRC ICT policies and procedures, handbooks and guidelines.
· Visit NRC field offices to provide support for internet setup in new bases according to ICT-HO Standards.
· Ensure ICT equipment’s, hardware, software and other resources are timely made available and well maintained
· Troubleshoots, diagnoses problems, implements corrective action & procedures, monitor and facilitate repairs.
· Sets up and configures general hardware, peripherals and accounts assigning security level;
· Monitors, operates, and maintain a reliable internet and network system (connectivity, assigning access level)
· Support implementation of NRC filling system (electronic files) at country level as per defined NRC standards
· Provide IT support and capacity building to users on hardware, software, peripherals and other ICT resources (internet, e-mail, intranet…)
· Identify ICT problems, develop and implement technical solutions for example to meet Programme and Monitoring & Evaluation specific needs
· Ensure anti-corruption, transparency and cost efficiency principles in all processes.
· Bachelors’ degree in Computer Engineering or equivalent
· Experience from working as ICT Officer in a humanitarian/recovery context preferably with similar organization like NRC
· Documented experience in related to network management and cloud networking
· Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
· Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
· Good knowledge of the Nigerian context (internet services, Networks, software/hardware authentication)
· Office organization skills,
· Computer skills (Microsoft Office)
· Good communication skills
· Fluency in English, Hausa is an asset
· Computing / IT
· Engineering sciences & technology
· Education title: Bachelors’ degree in Computer Engineering or equivalent
· College / University, Bachelor’s degree
· Handling insecure environments
· Empowering and building trust
· Managing performance and development
· Planning and delivering results
· Ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision
· Communicating with impact and respect: All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
· Commencement: March 2019
· Duration: 12 months
· Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions (Grade Level 5 Step 1)
· Duty stations: Maiduguri with 50% frequent travels. Travel outside duty stations is dependent on changing security conditions, especially for certain roads in the area.
· Approved health certificate will be requested before contract start.
· Application procedures and CV registration: Please note that you are required to enter the geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV. There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the “Company name” field for both company and location.
Interested applicants are invited to click on the link below to submit a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and Cover Letter